Welcome to MBPost!  -

Queen of the Alps.

[ Sizes: Orig | Large | Med | Small | Thumb ]
<FONT COLOR=RED>Queen</FONT> of the <FONT COLOR=BLUE>Alps</FONT>.
French Hautes Alpes.

At dawn everything is colored pale pink, clouds, mountains, ice.

She alone, "the Golden Eagle" makes the moment.....magic!

Comments

[ Post a Comment ]
Viewing: 1-10 of 10

RayMondoMarvelous

RayMondo

Voted 10/10

A few times, Griffen Eagles have come this close to me on a mountain when snow climbing. Truly, an amazing experience. I believe they come to watch over us. Sometimes I have left food for them.
Posted Dec 3, 2012 2:41 pm

chabertonRe: Marvelous

chaberton

Hasn't voted

Thank you very much Ray.
I'm really glad to post this image here on Mb.
I kept an eye on their nest throughout the summer, without ever being able to get the picture right. Then, at last, in the middle of a meter and a half of snow, She has appeared from the clouds.
Probably she flew above the clouds to warm up a bit 'in the sun.
Cheers.
Roberto
Posted Dec 4, 2012 10:33 am

RayMondoRe: Marvelous

RayMondo

Voted 10/10

Amazing.

My experiences: I was at the summit of Monte Velino, after an icy climb alone - and without crampons. Quite dangerous, and scary. Then I heard wings on the breeze, and the great bird arrived, circling above me on the summit and calling its thoughts. I am sure to check on me. Very comforting and inspiring. The descent was really hazardous. Below the snowline, I left some food for thanks. Then, as I arrived back on the track, a long wingtip feather lay in front of me. I still have it. Quite special.

A second time, on the adjacent summit, very cold day, I lay down to sleep in the clouds. I awoke, hearing the wind, and the great bird circled and circled above me. Wow !

Looking at your photo, full size, it is good detail. It deserves publication - maybe a climbing magazine.
Posted Dec 4, 2012 3:01 pm

chabertonmagic moment.

chaberton

Hasn't voted

It is really a great moment Ray,when you hear the noise of the air passing over the wings of an eagle, the fantastic hiss.
It is something that, personally, makes my skin crawl!
The eagle feather that you are getting is a rare gift of nature, how to find the antlers of a deer, you were very lucky.
Thanks for sharing your beautiful moment with us.
All the best.
Roberto.
Posted Dec 5, 2012 5:27 am

BeDrinkableHonestly,

BeDrinkable

Voted 10/10

one of the best photos I have seen in a very long time. Thank you for posting.
Posted Dec 4, 2012 3:07 pm

RayMondoRe: Honestly,

RayMondo

Voted 10/10

I totally agree. The sensation of flight is right there. Isn't it strange how man can now fly with a wingsuit.

Condors have been known to guide hang glider pilots to rising air - they can sense it on their wings, but humans cannot.
Posted Dec 4, 2012 3:10 pm

chabertonthank you very much,

chaberton

Hasn't voted

I realize that in this picture is absolutely absent the bike, on the other hand there is a lot of....mountain (O:
All the best.
Roberto.
Posted Dec 5, 2012 5:22 am

Mehdi_MTBlike a dream

Mehdi_MTB

Voted 10/10

very nice pics
Posted Feb 2, 2013 12:25 pm

chabertonRe: like a dream

chaberton

Hasn't voted

Thank you very much Mehdi.
I'm really glad that you like it.
Cheers from Turin.
Roberto
Posted Feb 4, 2013 3:35 pm

Mehdi_MTBtank u roberto

Mehdi_MTB

Voted 10/10

roberto i will go and see ur pics later and tanx for ur attention
Posted Feb 6, 2013 12:45 am